Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

High Five for Friday!

It's Friday! Hooray! Although Friday means a bit less when you are unemployed, there is still an ingrained need for pancakes on Saturday morning and a long Sunday afternoon stroll. And I look forward so much to the weekends to have a brief chance to reconnect with Marty after a long hectic workweek. The last couple months have been a bit of an emotional roller coaster, so I am back to focusing on the awesome things that are happening. And hey, its Friday! Which is awesome in itself.

Here are my high fives for Friday!

1. I am healthy. So far so good in the pregnancy. I am healthy, baby is kicking (especially when I am hungry - what can I say, apparently getting hungry/angry is a genetic trait). I have the generic symptoms, which apparently include eating too many girl scout cookies, and am happy to report that I am feeling good and happy. Something to be very thankful for.

2. We had a great trip to Victoria a couple weekends ago with Marty's fam. It was a good time to get away and have a bit of a weekend adventure. Any trip that includes a ferry ride is good by me. Here we are at fancy afternoon tea at a very fancy hotel. Pinkies up!



3. We took a tour of the birth center where we will be delivering and meeting our newest addition! We are having a nurse-midwife and these choices just seem so fitting and so right. When I first found out I was pregnant, this was the part that was the most intuitive to me. I am thankful I have the insurance/husband/community to support this.

4. I have started going to prenatal yoga classes which have been awesome. It is good to have an excuse to focus on stretching and being good to my body. It is good to have a relaxing treat for my changing body every week. I also have reached the point where I am wearing Marty's clothes to the gym.

5. I have SO much to look forward in the next few months! A rare and well deserved vacation, a few baby showers, a trip to meet my close friends baby, visits from friends/family who live far away. And I get to see my sister in two and a half months!! She is coming home for a few weeks just before the baby is born. Let's hope I am like my momma and deliver a bit early so she gets to practice being an auntie!

HAPPY FRIDAY Y'ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment