|It didn't take me a month to remember just how wicked cool we are.|
It has been exactly one month since I left Kenya. In this month I have:
- realized how much time and energy it takes to "reconoider your brain"
- relearned all sorts of things about Marty, all his quirks and what I love most about him all over again. A fun process - not sure if it was worth the three months away.
- Attempted to get some thesis work done
- Went for my first run in three months
- Remembered how quickly you lose all your muscle mass and how to ice sore muscles
- Graduated to a smart phone (cough, cough, months after my parents)
- Gorged myself on all things fresh - fresh cheese, fruit, veggies
- Watched a season of True Blood and Dexter
- Visited three new states
- TA'd for my first class
- Tried to read three months of all the magazines we get (The New Yorker, The Atlantic, Foreign Policy, Real Simple)
- Relearned my southern accent and how much I love the phrase y'all
- Reveled in my favorite American luxuries - controlled traffic, crap tv, and clean air
- Missed my favorite African luxuries - cute kids, curious new friends, and constant adventure
- Did a whole lot of thinking about Kibera
All in all, a whirlwind month.