Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Birthday Shout-out



Here is a birthday shout-out to my mother-in-law, Holly. Although that term sounds  a bit formal, and a bit forced. And I can't get behind the mother-in-love trend, because I just  think "mother in love with what?" And then I think that I love my mom too, so that's confusing.

Anyway.

One of the best things about marrying the guy you started dating when you both drove your mama's mini-vans is that you know your soon to be in-laws all too well before you tie the knot. Before I even agreed to marry into this family, I had many occasions (family vacays, a wedding, too much wine on friday nights, many an after church  Sunday dinner, and a few embarrassing encounters) to be scared away, to get to know them. And I am happy to call them family now.

So Happy Birthday to You! Cheers!

Thanks for being awesome. I am glad you are in my life.

And thanks for this guy:

No comments:

Post a Comment